2021 Volkswagen Jetta MPG
With a 39 combined MPG* the 2021 Volkswagen Jetta is primed and ready to help you save money on your daily commute through East St. Louis, making it one of the most fuel-efficient sedans in its class. Learn more about the Volkswagen Jetta MPG by trim level with Auffenberg Volkswagen below, then contact us to schedule a test drive.
Jetta Engine Performance
The source of the excellent Volkswagen Jetta MPG is its engine, which produces some of the best fuel economy ratings for gas engines on the market. That engine is a 1.4L four-cylinder engine that allows the Jetta provides a comfortable and serene driving experience for your commute. Take a look at the Jetta engine specs:
- 1.4L TSI® 16-valve DOHC in-line 4-cylinder turbocharged engine
- 30/40 city/highway MPG*
- Direct injection and intercooler
- 147 hp
- 184 lb-ft of torque
- 13.2-gallon fuel tank
- Drag coefficient of .27
Jetta MPG By Trim Level
With five available trim levels, the VW Jetta gas mileage will vary a bit, but they all offer an economic drive for your Madison drives. You can even enjoy the fun and control of a manual transmission when you choose the base-level VW Jetta S, although an automatic transmission is available. That eight-speed automatic transmission comes standard in the five other trim levels. Here’s how the VW Jetta MPG stacks up for each trim level:
- VW Jetta S with six-speed manual transmission: 30 city/40 highway MPG*
- VW Jetta R-Line with eight-speed automatic transmission: 29 city/39 highway MPG*
- VW Jetta SE with eight-speed automatic transmission: 29 city/39 highway MPG*
- VW Jetta SEL with eight-speed automatic transmission: 29 city/39 highway MPG*
- VW Jetta SEL Premium with eight-speed automatic transmission: 29 city/39 highway MPG*
VW Jetta Gas Mileage-Improving Features
While the Volkswagen Jetta gas mileage is born from that powerful yet efficient engine, Caseyville drivers will also benefit from a variety of features that make it easy to be a fuel-efficient driver. These features include:
- Tiptronic®: Save fuel with an 8-speed automatic transmission that adapts manual characteristics to the automatic gearbox. The driver can override the automatic settings with a torque converter instead of the clutch found in the Volkswagen Jetta S manual transmission.
- Start-Stop System: Boosts the VW Jetta MPG by automatically shutting off the engine any time the vehicle comes to a stop. The system re-engages the engine when you place your foot back on the gas pedal.
- XDS® Cross Differential System: This exclusive R-Line Jetta feature applies braking pressure to the inside front wheels for sharper handling around corners.
- Driving Mode Selector: Allows drivers to choose between Eco, Normal, Sport, and Custom modes to maximize VW Jetta gas mileage or prioritize traction. Find this feature on the SEL and SEL Premium Jetta trim levels.
Experience the Volkswagen Jetta MPG Today!
The Volkswagen Jetta gas mileage needs to be experienced to be believed! Because the great VW Jetta MPG doesn’t sacrifice engine power, you’re going to be thrilled by the way the Jetta drives while saving gas money. After you see for yourself, you’re going to want to keep saving money. Start by applying for financing with us. We want to get you the best available interest rate on your auto loan so you can start saving money at the pump with the VW Jetta MPG! While you’re at it take a look at how the 2021 VW Jetta compares to the Toyota Corolla, then take a peek at the VW Jetta interior.
*Starting MSRP of $18,995 for a 2021 Volkswagen Jetta S 1.4L TSI® with 6-speed manual transmission. Price excludes transportation, taxes, title, other options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
Learn More at Auffenberg Volkswagen
The 2022 Volkswagen Taos is a sophisticated compact SUV with an incredible array of comfort features and technologies. Within the Volkswagen Taos interior, you’ll enjoy a relaxing journey, whether you’re running errands in East St. Louis or hitting the road for a family road-trip. Below, you can learn more about what’s inside the new VW Taos,…
East St. Louis drivers who want a roomy and comfortable SUV loaded with state-of-the-art technology should have the 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan interior in their sights. While you’ve likely noticed the Tiguan on O'Fallon streets, you’ll be even more impressed when you take a look inside at the VW Tiguan interior features and Tiguan interior dimensions. When you’re…
As a Car and Driver Editors Choice Award winner, the 2021 VW Tiguan reviews offer plenty of praise for this three-row compact SUV. Across the board reviews and East St. Louis drivers alike love that the Tiguan strikes a great balance as a compact SUV with three rows of seating, making it one of the most versatile…