5 Tips to Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
If you were drawn to the Jetta mpg ratings, you might be surprised to know there are things you can do as a East St. Louis driver that can help ensure max specs. If it seems like you’re constantly filling up your gas tank, there are things you can do to get more out of your fuel – including routine service. If you’re interested in reducing the cost of your daily drive in addition to minimizing your carbon footprint, follow these five easy steps from Auffenberg Volkswagen to become a more fuel-efficient driver.
How to Get the Best Fuel Efficiency
- Accelerate Slowly: You should already avoid speeding, but it’s also important not to quickly speed up from a stop. This burst of fuel actually wastes a lot of gas and could cause wear and tear over time. However, be sure you aren’t accelerating too slowly either, as this can eat up gas. Experiment with what’s best for your make and model.
- Pay Attention: Avoiding being a distracted driver is helpful in more ways than one! Planning out driving maneuvers ahead of time can help you avoid accelerating too quickly or making rapid stops.
- Plan Errands: You probably run your fair share of errands in Madison, but planning them out ahead of time is an easy way to avoid backtracking or making multiple stops. These can easily add up and eat up more gas.
- Lay Off the Brakes: Coast to a stop whenever possible. Unlike hitting the brakes at the last second, this will help you avoid wear and tear as well as save additional fuel over time.
- Obey the Speed Limit: While you should be doing this already, an added bonus is that most vehicles deliver better fuel efficiency under 50 mph.
Other Tips to Help You Save
Want to decrease your carbon footprint even more? Here are some other driving-related tips that equate to improved fuel economy:
- Use the AC: Try to use your AC at highway speeds to reduce drag and potentially even improve your fuel economy. Alternately, rolling the windows down at low speeds may be more efficient than cranking the AC up.
- Watch Tire Pressure: Keeping up with your tire pressure contributes to safety as well as improved fuel economy.
- Keep Up with Maintenance: Your car maintenance, particularly your regular oil changes, help keep the vehicle running as its engineers intended. Fresh oil means smoother engine movements, less friction, and superior efficiency.
Improve Your Fuel Efficiency in O'Fallon
By implementing these easy driving tips in Caseyville, you’re well on your way to becoming a more fuel-efficient driver. Whether you’re driving a new or used model, these suggestions will help keep your car in top shape. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Auffenberg Volkswagen for more info!
More from Auffenberg Volkswagen
If you think the Pure White Volkswagen Jetta looks sharp, check out the Black Volkswagen Jetta. Or the Tornado Red Jetta. Or the Deep Black Pearl Jetta… well, we probably can’t help you choose your favorite Jetta hue, but we can make sure you know all the colors of the Jetta rainbow: Silk Blue Metallic…
The 2019 Volkswagen Jetta is back and better than ever! It is sure to impress drivers from East St. Louis to Caseyville for a variety of reasons. With several different trim levels to choose from, it’s not hard to find a Jetta that checks all of the boxes on your wishlist and falls within your budget. With…
The 2019 Volkswagen Atlas configurations have something for every family to get excited about. Its interior dimensions make it one of the most spacious and versatile three-row SUVs that you can find, and since it’s more than capable of towing heavy cargo, you’ll never have to make a second trim. Better still: each available Atlas…